News & Notices
- Prepare: In anticipation of this winter's hard freezes, you should prepare now to protect house piping. Any personal plumbing or pipes that freeze may not thaw or be able to provide water to your home until temperatures begin to return to well above freezing.
- Dripping Faucets - Some customers allow their faucets to drip to prevent freezing pipes but should expect an increase in the next bill.
- Outages & Advisories: We will post water outages, advisories and notices that could affect your service. To check for activity in your area, use the interactive map here »
- Sewer Department: Baton Rouge Water Customers' water / sewer bills can also be paid at the Sewer Department at 1100 Laurel Street (map). All issues with the sewer portion of your bill can only be handled by the Sewer office at 225-389-5378. Missed garbage pick up requests can be made by dialing 3-1-1.
- Cash payments can now be made for your water and sewer bills at all Western Union Quick Collect locations. You'll find convenient spots like Walgreens, Albertson's and Regions. Places you already know and visit nearby. Go to westernunion.com select Quick Collect locations and enter your zip code.
Understanding Your Bill
We want to make reading your bill as easy as possible and clear up any confusion. Take a moment to read this explanation of your bill so that you know each important part of your bill. From due date to account number, it's all explained right here.
As your community water supplier, we have an obligation to take every precaution to prevent contaminants from entering the water system.
Do you need to install a backflow preventer? Who can install, inspect or test your backflow preventer?
How to Read Your Meter
Reading your meter may seem complicated but it's not. Choose your water company and we can show you your meter and how to read it.